Only materials that I, Justin Higgins 'SciHigg', have developed privately, on my own equipment and time, are listed here.
Miscellaneous / Educator
Links I Made
- Example Calendar - Block Schedule (Google Doc) - Based on 50 days (1 semester) of 90 minute block instruction.
Links I Use
In alphabetical order, with notes about how I use it. As I only design this course for being a 1 semester class, I will always have more material than can be covered.
- AstroBites - Graduate students explaining their research. Great for reading up on Astronomy as a topic. I read it about once a week.
- Astronomy Picture of the Day (APOD) - Run by NASA. But, will link to copyrighted material, so watch the ownership at the bottom of the screen.
- UNL NAAP Labs - Animations with student guides / worksheets. Work great, if you still have Flash. They are converting to HTML 5, but the process appears slow.
- The Nine Planets Blog – Much better than Astronomy.com or Space.com for keeping up with current research.
- Universe Today – Sometimes posts pictures that can be analyzed by students. When they are in the curriculum I have designed I link to that article directly.