5F - Tides
- Watch on: YouTube - Google Drive
- Tides - Rise and fall of Earth's ocean due to the gravity of the Moon/Sun
- Tidal Bulges - High tide towards Moon and away from Moon, goes around the Earth 2x each day
- Spring Tides - Moon & Sun gravity acting together, large tides
- Neap Tides - Moon & Sun gravity acting at 90° to each other, small tides
- Tidal Cycles - Semi-diurnal (twice daily) High Tides
- Summary Questions / Tasks
Draw, Label and Explain a Diagram that shows how and where tides form.
(Not in order: Earth / Moon position, tidal bulge, tidal bulge)
Reuse of the support files must follow the guidelines listed on the FAQ Page.
For instructors, not for students. No answer keys are given in these files.
- Pre-Filled Cornell Notes Page (Pending Fall 2019)
- Video Guided Notes Print (Pending Fall 2019)
- PowerPoint File
- Attributions List (Pending Fall 2019)
- Example Calendar - Block Schedule (Google Doc)