Educators and Students: I have pulled everything off of my website that cannot be used in tandem with Google Classroom for the time being. Please follow along with your Teacher from your own district.
- Student will be able to reason the formation of Galaxies & their parts
- Student will be able to connect what we know about light and the origin of the Big Bang Theory
- Student will be able to evaluate their place in the cosmos
- Notes 8A - Big Bang and Formation of the Universe
- The last 3 in the course have partial PowerPoints setup, and should be recorded sometime in April
- Notes 8B - Galaxies and their Parts
- Notes 8C - Structure of the Universe
- Notes 8D - End of the Universe
Recordings for learning Concepts
8A - Big Bang and Formation of the Universe
- Watch on: YouTube - Google Drive
- Doppler Effect/Shift - The frequency of light stretches or compresses
- Hubble Constant - The Universe's expansion is accelerating
- Big Bang Theory - The Universe must have come from a single point
- Dark Energy (Hypothesis) - Energy that is causing acceleration
- Summary Task(s)
- Draw a cartoon/comic showing how the Doppler Effect/Shift works
Activities, Labs & Project Instructions
Activities Short (usually teacher led) requiring pre- and post- reflection.
- Why Alien Life Would be our Doom (In a Nutshell, YouTube, 9:35)
- TIMELAPSE OF THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE (Melody Sheep, YouTube, 10:49)
String Theory Explained – What is The True Nature of Reality? (In a Nutshell, YouTube, 8:00)
LabsExplorations requiring a Hypothesis and use of the Scientific Method.
- 8-A1 Galaxy Sorting Activity (Astronomy Society of the Pacific)
8-A2 Big Bang Activity (Monroe Career & Technical Institute)
ProjectsEmphasizing design, analysis and Engineering.